Author Topic: Crimson Trace Green Laser  (Read 1168 times)

Wrench

• Global Moderator
  • City: Menomonee Falls
  • State: Wisconsin
Crimson Trace Green Laser
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »
I've read several articles in the past few years on how much easier the green light is for the human eye to see, especially in high light situations. 
The downside always that the mechanics of the green laser weren't as durable, and were less tolerant to temperature extremes, especially when exposed to cold.
However, I now see that Crimson Trace is starting to market these little green guys.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always felt that Crimson Trace put out a top notch durable and dependable product.  I own several of them, I think five, and the one on my carry weapon (G29) is subject to brutal conditions, such as constantly getting bumped, wet, with water and or oil, without failure or changing adjustment. Crimson Trace, once I registered my products, is supplying me with new batteries once a year for each unit, I think for life.
Needless to say, I may have to order a green one just to see what it's all about.
Have any of you taken this journey already?

Wrench
One must first listen in order to be heard.

Yosemite Sam

• City: Central Coast
  • State: California
Re: Crimson Trace Green Laser
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »
Crimson Trace, once I registered my products, is supplying me with new batteries once a year for each unit, I think for life.

Wrench

That battery offer is great.  I've got laser's on both my S&W 642 and Ruger LCP.  Unfortunately they didn't have the green available at the time, but it will be interesting to get an evaluation from a fellow gunner.
`Okole maluna,       Kim (aka - Sam)

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation”. Ronald Reagan

NRA & CRPA Life Member

Major Malfunction

• Global Moderator
  • State: Florida
Re: Crimson Trace Green Laser
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »
I have CT lasers on each of my handguns. I'm thoroughly pleased. Just ordered my annual battery replacements  a couple days ago.

For me, replacing my red CT with a green CT (will they change their name to Emerald Trace or Chartreuse Trace?) is an unneeded expense. Besides, if it's so bright I can't see my red laser, then I don't need a laser.

I'll be interested in your experiences with the green CT laser, should you decide to buy. Maybe, if one of my current red lasers dies, I'll consider replacing with a Phthalo Green Trace. ;)
Security cannot be achieved at the cost of freedom.

Our nation was founded by the courageous and the strong. Cowards didn't dare come, the weak didn't survive. But once the hard work was done, and the danger conquered... well, you see what happened.