Author Topic: About Forum Messages: How Do I Access "Sent" Messages?  (Read 993 times)

SapperSteel

• Deplorable!
  • City: Arimo
  • State: Idaho
About Forum Messages: How Do I Access "Sent" Messages?
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Over the course of the time I've participated in this forum I've received and sent some messages through the "My Messages" tool.

Access to the messages that I've received seems to work just fine.  I haven't made any attempt to clean up my in-box, so all the messages I've received are there and I can look at them again at any time.

But unlike my in-box, my sent messages "out-box" is empty.  There appears to be nothing there.  The world isn't going to miss having a historical record of what I had to say in those messages, but  just this morning I was looking at my in-box messages and this thought passed through my head:  "I think I responded to that one.  I think.  Or maybe I didn't.  Maybe I only meant to, but never really got around to it."  No way to tell for sure since the out box appears to be empty.

Either that, or I just haven't figured out the right way to get to those "sent messages".

So after that long-winded lead-in to my "How Do I" question, here's the question:  How do I access my sent messages (assuming that they exist and are not simply auto-deleted as soon as they are sent)?

Thanks,

Sap

Wrench

• Global Moderator
  • City: Menomonee Falls
  • State: Wisconsin
Re: About Forum Messages: How Do I Access "Sent" Messages?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »
You need to tell it to save your messages.
If you don't, it wont.
I'm not at my computer at the moment, but when I get to it, I can tell you exactly where to do this at.

Wrench
One must first listen in order to be heard.

Wrench

• Global Moderator
  • City: Menomonee Falls
  • State: Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »
Ok, got it.
Click on the My Messages tab.
Go to preferences / change settings.
Second from last choice is Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.

My screen looks slightly different than yours due to being an administrator. So if you have any further trouble with it just let me know and I will create a separate account in order to see the same layout as you.

Wrench
One must first listen in order to be heard.

SapperSteel

• Deplorable!
  • City: Arimo
  • State: Idaho
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
Thanks, Wrench.

As always,

Sap