Author Topic: An Introduction to MyCCAmerica  (Read 2291 times)

Webmaster

• Master Websmith
  • Administrator
  • City: Milwaukee
  • State: Wisconsin
An Introduction to MyCCAmerica
« on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Hello all, and thanks for visiting our forum.

I’d like to take the time to introduce myself, and explain why this forum even exists.

About two years ago, my wife and I became members of USCCA.  Not just members, but both of us are platinum members.  We, as many others were miss-led by many insurance companies.  Whenever we would present the question to our, or a potential insurance agent, “If we would be involved in a defensive shooting in our home, are we covered?” The answer was always and instantly, “Yes, you would be covered.”  However, when we would ask for this in writing, they would get back to us in a few days, and explain to us that we really weren’t covered. 

Tim from the USCCA was the first person to present a package that would fit our needs.  Now many of you may say that after reading all of the fine print, that there is no guaranteed coverage with USCCA.  However, my personal opinion is that if you read any insurance policy, you are always at the mercy of the board.  This is life. (In my opinion)

Tim had to make some business decisions that didn’t sit well with all of the members.  I sat back and watched as Tim would explain his decisions, and then certain individuals would run off with their keyboard posting their assumptions without fact.

For the record, I am not a personal friend of Tim.  I never met him.  But I do respect him as a business man, and feel that he has the right to run his business as he feels fit.  Tim has no obligation to show all of his cards to any of us at any given time.  To do so could jeopardize the well-being of his company. 

In the past years, I have learned much from the USCCA forum.  I have made some friends, some who I have never met, but feel close to.  There were people from all over the U.S. that would contribute their thoughts, opinions, and information. I have always felt that more information is better than limited information.
When my wife and I learned that Tim was pulling the plug on his forum, our natural response was disappointment.  But the way my rat brain works, I needed to rationalize in my head why this may have happened, and what am I going to do to fill my need for information.
First was the rationalization.  After calling Delta Media, and asking questions, I was told that the forum was too high in maintenance.  It was left at that.  So looking at the situation as a business man myself, I started to wonder if having the forum was possibly a conflict of interest while providing the insurance.  Think about some of the posts that we have made or contributed to in the past.  Could a jury of uninformed, or liberal biased, form an opinion of us that could be in a negative way?  Hypothetical, but very possible.  So I decided that there was nothing that I could do to prevent the inevitable.  USCCA was going to close the forum, and I couldn’t change that.  After all….. as I stated earlier, it is Tim’s business.  As I have said in many other posts, “If anyone thinks that it’s so easy to accomplish what Tim has done, instead of complaining about how he is going about his business, get off of your dead ass and do it yourself.”

Next.  What am I going to do to keep that constant flow of information coming in that I have become so accustomed to having, and is there anything that I can do to keep the great group of people together from the old forum? 

Well… Here we are.

I hope to see this grow into a valuable tool that all of you can use.  I hope to see all of you take part in sharing and spreading valuable information in regards to supporting our second amendment rights, good values, morals, and ethics that our world lacks more and more of each day. I hope that all of you are patient as this forum develops.  My wife and I are business owners, and have three children.  Our time is limited, and we will not be able to react to certain bugs or issues as fast as some may expect, but we will do our best.  We are honored to have two great guys, Steve and Rick that offered their time to be moderators.  We can’t thank them enough for the dedication that they have already shown before this even went on line. Our webmaster, Lloyd, has been doing an awesome job in the short amount of time that he was given.  And obviously, you, the people that visit and contribute to this forum, ultimately will make it what it is.

Thanks to all of you, and enjoy your visit.

Paul and Shari AKA Wrench and Betty
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:57:39 AM by Webmaster »

Major Malfunction

• Global Moderator
  • State: Florida
Re: An Introduction to MyCCAmerica
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
I've gone to some USCCA posts and sent Private Messages to some of the members, inviting them to join us. Hopefully, they will check in and see those messages...
Security cannot be achieved at the cost of freedom.

Our nation was founded by the courageous and the strong. Cowards didn't dare come, the weak didn't survive. But once the hard work was done, and the danger conquered... well, you see what happened.